Have You Seen Molly?

March 29, 1884

       I'm worried about Molly. My little sister hasn't spoken to me for about a week now. I knew she was mad at me for what I said about the Silver Train, but I don't think that's the case anymore. Something's wrong. She's never been upset with me for this long...
My sister, Molly Stoker, at the Terne Public Library.
       I've tried talking to Mother about Molly, but Mother doesn't have time for either of us lately. She's far too busy schmoozing with the city councilmen and department heads. She sent me a message the other day to tell me that I'm worrying for nothing. That Molly will come around in her own time. But I doubt it.
       I used to see glimpses of Molly at work, disappearing into the file room or rushing out the front door, but I haven't even seen glimpses these past few days. Her desk is always empty when I come to work. I pass by her apartment on my way home, and I never see any lights on.
       It's like... she's not here anymore. Like she's not in Terne. But if she's not in the city, where could she be? I doubt she found a way out of the city, no matter how much she complained. Unless... No, it's impossible. It's not real... It's just a scam.
       Molly couldn't have found the Silver Train.

No comments:

Post a Comment